Focus for Convenience Growth in 2018
As 2017 draws to a close, in what has been one of the most tumultuous years in convenience retail, I wanted to find out how the industry is feeling and what is being done to face up to the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead in the sector.
From a straw poll of our FMCG supplier clients, industry peers and colleagues, the top five focus areas for them in convenience retail in 2018 are:
1. JBP & terms (increasingly challenging and important due to mergers, acquisitions, collapse of P&H)
2. Engaging shopper experiences (in-store and online)
3. Disruptive communications through the line (including trade engagement to cut through, stand out from competition and drive call to action)
4. Launch, land and grow NPD (innovation tapping in to health & premiumisation trends)
5. Maximising missions (food to go, meal for tonight and top-up)
Do you agree? What are the five key areas you are focusing on for growth in convenience retail in 2018?
Neil Brenson is Group Account Director at Jellybean Creative Solutions, a leading food and drink marketing agency, specialising in convenience, wholesale and foodservice.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 07540 109191
Join in the discussion of this article